Walk-in showers are one of the most popular shower designs on the market today. They offer a variety of benefits that other types of showers cannot match. In this blog post, we will discuss the top three benefits of walk-in showers and some of the different types of shower doors that are available. We will also take a look at some of the trending styles of shower door and enclosures in 2022!
Benefits of Walk-In Showers
Of course, for those of us who enjoy a nice, relaxing soak every now and then to soothe sore muscles or busy minds, there are some drawbacks that come with installing a bathtub in your bathroom—even if it’s a bathtub and shower combination. Increasingly, walk-in showers are becoming more and more popular as they have several crucial benefits that can improve a homeowner’s experience during basic hygiene maintenance. Here are the top three benefits of walk-in showers!
More Mobility and Space
Especially if you elect for convex shower doors that bow outward rather than straight across, you will more than likely have more space and maneuverability in a walk-in shower than in a tub or shower and tub combination. Because you aren’t bound by the confined area of a bathtub, you can enjoy a luxurious and spacious shower experience. Besides this, walk-in showers can create a visual statement that can add value to your house and become the focal point of your remodeled bathroom!
Safer Than Traditional Bathtubs
Whether you opt for a pivoting shower door or a sliding one, it cannot be denied that a walk-in shower is safer than a traditional bathtub. (This is why so many people are opting to add walk-in tubs to their bathroom renovation plans, as a measure of increased safety.) In fact, up to 12% of injuries in the United States occur entering or getting out of a bathtub! A walk-in shower minimizes the risk of falling or slipping by making entry and exit of the shower as easy and safe as possible.
Easier to Clean
Nobody likes craning over the lip of a bathtub and scrubbing away deposits of grime, scum, mildew, or dirt. With a walk-in shower, homeowners can enjoy the convenience of cleaning using a shower scrub brush from a standing position—even cleaning walls and floors this way! This makes life easier for you when it comes to maintaining your investment and keeping your home tidy, especially for those who experience aches or pains when crouched over.
Different Types of Shower Doors
When it comes to choosing the right shower door and enclosures for your bathroom remodel, there are many different types of doors to choose from. While aesthetics are important, you’ll also want to consider functionality—including how watertight they are—as well as ease of maintenance, repair, or replacement. As of the current market, here are the different options for shower doors a homeowner can choose from during their shower remodel:
- Hinged doors
- Pivot doors
- Trackless doors
- Frameless doors
- Neo-Angle doors
- Bi-fold door
- Curved door
- Or glass doors, which can be:
- And more
Hottest Styles of Shower Door Enclosures
From square or rectangular walk-in showers to convex, curved doors or hexagonal showers, there are many different approaches a home renovator can take for their upcoming shower remodel. Whether you’re looking to do a simple bath-to-shower conversion or to gut and upgrade your whole bathroom, adding a modern touch to your shower can contribute to the aesthetic of one of the most used rooms in your house while also adding value to your property in the event you decide to sell your home. In fact, a bathroom remodel can increase the value of your property by as much as 58% of the price of the renovation.
If you’re looking for contemporary solutions for shower door and enclosures for your bathroom renovation, you will likely choose from the following options:
- Square shower enclosure: Often added to bathroom corners, square shower enclosures feature walls that are the same width on all four sides. Typically made with some kind of glass, these shower doors can either pivot outwards or slide to grant entry.
- Rectangular shower enclosure: This type of enclosure also has the benefit of fitting neatly in the corner of a bathroom, but it offers the homeowner more foot room and mobility in their shower enclosure. This style of shower can also be an excellent way to showcase tile or stonework behind glass doors, creating a beautiful and attention-grabbing shower.
- Hexagonal shower enclosure: This slightly unorthodox shower enclosure adds a somewhat funky element to your interior design. Taking up less space than a rectangular shower but offering the user maximum mobility within the enclosure, this type of shower can save room in a tight floor plan and make a statement at the same time.
- Semi-oval or half-circle shower enclosure: This option offers homeowners slightly more space than a hexagonal shower enclosure by merit of the convex and curved shower doors. With two flat sides supporting a curved glass door, this type of shower enclosure is also a popular addition to the corners of a bathroom’s floor plan.
Shower Door and Enclosures with Carolina Custom Tub and Shower
With so many modern designs to choose from offering space-saving features, aesthetic appeal, and safety considerations, there’s a lot to think about when it comes to selecting shower door and enclosures for your space. Remodeling your bathroom can be a daunting endeavor—especially if you only have one bathroom in your home! Fortunately, with experienced contractors like those at Carolina Custom Tub and Shower, we can get your bathroom back to functioning order in as little as 24 hours!
For more information on how we can help you update your shower and add value to your home, contact us today! Quotes are complimentary.